About the workshop
In this two day workshop for Mining & Exploration professionals, you'll become familiar with QGIS, the powerful desktop GIS taking the mining and exploration industry by storm!
Whether you're starting from scratch or simply want to fill gaps in your knowledge, we follow a systematic approach that benefits beginners and experienced professionals alike.
Using mining & exploration data like tenements, collars, and assays, we'll explore how to bring multiple datasets together to explore, analyse, and present your data to a professional standard.
What we'll cover
- importing, exporting and editing raster & vector geospatial data
- data-driven visualisation and analysis
- creating professional-looking maps
- using QGIS plugins for geology-specific workflows such as producing sections
- sources of free geoscience data, satellite imagery, and templates
Who should attend
Mammoth Geospatial is an accredited QGIS Certifying Organisation. Workshop participants have the option of receiving an official QGIS certificate on completion, which provides a mechanism to financially support the QGIS project.
- A laptop with a recent version of QGIS
- A mouse with a scroll wheel is recommended